Monday, August 29, 2011

logan! :)

Oh Logan.  I've missed you.  And then I got here and I missed home.  You always seem to want what you can't have, eh?  But, now classes have started and I'm falling back in love with Logan.

I've been dying of boredom.  All I've had for entertainment was my laptop and roommates.  Okay.  Not true. But it felt like it.  But.  Now we're meeting people.  Tons of people.  More people than I met last year.  But that's not hard to surpass haha.  Normally, I don't have too many issues remembering names and faces, but with all the millions of introductions that seem to consist of all the same questions - "Hi what's your name?"  "What are you majoring in?" "Where are you living/where are you from?" - everyone starts blurring together.  But there are some really nice people up here.  I love it.

I've heard that church is THE place to meet people at Old Farm.  It seemed to be pretty true.  And then some of the guys threw an ice-cream party at their apartment after ward prayer.  I guess that's what happens when your sister gets married and you have lots of leftovers.  Score.

Super cheesy :)
Friday we went to some "Margarita Mixer" at Continental with Sarah, Janie, and Kylee.  The girls we met were a lot of fun and super talkative.  It was funny to hear what a small world it was with connections of how some of the girls knew all the boys we lived across the hall from last year.

And then Saturday we hung out with some of Shayna's friends.  We watched Valkyrie...well most of it.  And then played games.  They are some pretty entertaining people.

And then Sunday was church.  And then ice cream.  And I went to Alex's bonfire for a little while.

Oh sometime last week I went and bought my books.  Goodbye last paycheck...it was nice knowing you.

But anyway...Old Farm is pretty great.  I have some super cool roommates.  The storage is minimal...but we're making it work.  And we have a Harry Potter closet.  Well...cupboard under the stairs :)  So that's pretty neat.  And soon our living room will be a little more complete.  I go home tomorrow for a work banquet/accept a scholarship thing...and am getting my dishes and TV and movies and stuff.  We need some entertainment!  Oh.  And I think it would be pretty rad if someone bought me a rug from IKEA.  It's only $20 so I know you can afford it..unless you have no money. And....someone's birthday is in a week ;)
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10177885
That would make our living room better.  And prevent our feet from getting as black.  Gross.  I'll take pictures and put them up later (of our house...not our gross feet...unless someone really wants that...but then I think you might have issues).   But I think our little place is kinda fun.  And pretty cute :)

Oh and classes.  Today was my short day.  I had computer science (or was it "Preparing for Eternal Marriage?  JOKE!).  But really, it was full of guys with a few girls sprinkled here and there...but hey, I'm not complaining.  Then I had Zumba, but we only called roll/did introductions and listened to her ramble about the syllabus...and then got out early.  So I read the newspaper...and found Janie and talked to her for a minute...then I decided to go to Institute.  Last year I struggled with my attendance there...so I made sure to pick something I would understand.  And maybe going to my own class instead of signing up with friends might have a different effect?  Anyway.  With our introductions...I met a girl who is related to Johnny Cash.  I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway...that's enough rambling for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...