Wednesday, August 3, 2011

summer lovin'

Beware...this is a random rambling of thoughts...

Summer is almost over!  Crazy to think it went so fast.  Some days I'm ready for it to end; ready to run away to Logan...my home away from home.  I miss always hanging out with my old roommates.  This year will be a mix of new and old.  I'm ready for classes...sort of.  I need something to occupy my time.  It'll at least give me something to do.  And hopefully this semester will be enjoyable...and hopefully I'll decide on a major.

But at the same time I could let summer go on forever.  Right now I quite enjoy work.  Some of the kids are so much fun.  I have a few that I want to be the little brother I never had.  I freaking love them.  They are so entertaining and have made work a blast.  It's crazy to think there are only about two and half weeks left.  There are so many things that have happened: angry people, lots of rain, many happy people, a power outage, new friends, lady who punched me and me retelling the story...who knows how many times, awesome employees, pow-wows, parties, etc.  It's probably been my favorite summer there yet.

Lately, I've felt kind of out of it.  But I think I've figured it out.  So that's a bonus.

For a while I think I was kinda scared about fall.  Last year I had my two best friends who know almost everything about me available practically at the drop of a hat.  I could run away to Angie's apartment.  Or shoot off a message to Kevin (or Ang).  Or a phone call if really needs be.  This year, not so much.  But, I still have a phone...as does Angie.  And as for Kevin...well I have a pen and paper.

Plus, I have Kylee, Janie, Sarah, Shayna, and Katie!  Those five girls are awesome.  And I love them to pieces.  And it's a new year, which will mean new friends.  At the end of the school year I vowed to not wait until the last month of school to make new friends.  {Seriously, I didn't even know the people across the hall from me until March...oops!}

Now it's time to cram a little more fun into summer as it's winding to a close.  I'll try to remember to take my camera camping...and to take pictures.  And maybe I can find time for the zoo or Park City or somewhere else fun too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...