Friday, May 11, 2012

insomnia

The best time to write a blog post is at 2:30 in the morning, right?  As anyone can tell, I haven't had much of a care to write to the blog as often as I used to.  And honestly, that's mainly because my life is really not that exciting.  I'm not engaged or married like a gaggle of girls my age.  And I have nothing against them...most of the time I don't mind seeing people in love.  It's good to see people happy :)  But I'm not dating anyone either, and hell, now that I've moved home, I'm not even hanging out with anybody.  And, I don't know...I guess I don't feel like sharing *all* my thoughts with the entire world.  But, most are okay to share...just boring haha.

Words don't flow as easily as they used to...or maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist.  It's different when you write knowing other people will read it versus just writing for yourself...except I'm half-writing that way anyway considering I'm just rambling random things.

Anyway, here's life as of late:

  • I moved home a week ago today....weird.  It feels like it's been two.
  • I don't know how I'm going to handle four months here.
  • I miss Logan.  Maybe not as much as the first three days of being home.  Or maybe just differently.  It doesn't make much sense to cry about it {anymore...}.  But I miss it.  And mainly people.  And it makes me sad knowing things are never going to be the same again.  But hopefully that just means greater things are in store.  They better be.
  • Sophomore year definitely trumps freshman year.  It was like night and day.
  • I dyed my hair after moving home.  My grandma has made sure to tell me how awful it looks and "why would you do such a thing?"  What I don't understand is, back in the day, she used to dye her hair even darker than mine, or so I hear.  Anyway, it's darker than I expected...but it's not bad and no one else seems to mind it haha.  I love old people and their honesty though :)
  • Wednesday and Thursday I got super sunburned.  As I told the Facebook and Instagram worlds...I may be brunette, but I have skin that burns like a ginger.  My legs are still on fire...but at least my body doesn't seem to be in shock anymore :)
  • 7 and half hours of painting posts and picnic tables is not really my idea of fun, especially when you're schedule for 5.  But hey, it's money!  That's where day 1's sunburn came from.  Day 2 came from being outside all day with Steph, Bailey, and the bunny {I swear that thing is her new child...it goes EVERYWHERE with her}
  • The people I miss the most are still in Logan.  Thank heavens for technology.
  • Bountiful's a lonely place.  Hopefully I'll figure out how to change that.
  • Grades turned out okay.  Okay...better than okay.  I freak out over nothing, like all the time.  I still don't understand how I pulled off an A- in Spanish when I really can't speak the language...
  • I got a phone call telling me I've officially been put into the apartment I want.  Yay!
  • Since moving home I don't sleep as well.  I either can't fall asleep...or can't stay asleep.  Which probably explains why I'm up past three.
  • My eyesight is horrible.  I've been too lazy to find my glasses...although I'm pretty sure they're in a tote within a foot or two...but anyway that's not the point of this bullet.  The point is to say my laptop is on my stomach and if I cover my left eye, I can't read a thing.  
  • During Finals Week I was obsessed with The Cab and Andy Grammer.  Still kind of am...but now I have real radio in addition to Spotify.
  • And here are some new lovelies I've discovered recently:
  • Beware.  This next one has a little bit of language.  Don't say I didn't warn you.
  • Isn't this so pretty?
Anywho...I guess this is enough rambling for tonight.  I'd apologize for not being completely happy, optimistic, and cheerful...but that's a stupid reason to apologize for haha.  I'd rather just be honest.

Anyway...nighty night!  Or good morning?

1 comment:

  1. I always love when you blog! :)
    This Summer we can do fun things!!! We gotta plan them!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...