Saturday, September 29, 2012

today i met the devil

Today I met the devil.

His name is Ryan.  Did you know that?

He is smooth talking and oh-so-persuasive.  Somehow he convinces you to do things you know really aren't that great for your well-being and makes the perks of "now" seem quite appealing.

Now, being the devil, I would assume he'd be quite busy.  How does he have time for a second job?  I'm not sure.  But, he works at Old Navy.

I won't lie.  I'm in love with Old Navy's Rockstar Jeans.

Old Navy
They have every color of the rainbow pretty much.  I needed some new black ones because my old ones just weren't cutting it, and, when they're on sale for $19 a pair, why should I pay full price?

So I went in with a mission:  purchase black skinny jeans.  And then I thought to myself, "Self- they're practically half price!  That means I can get another pair and not feel bad, right?"  So I found myself with a hot pink pair as well.

After I had grabbed my jeans I found some shirts that were oh-so-adorable.  In the past I would have hated them.  I won't lie. Camp shirts and chambrays?  Not my thing.  But today, for some odd reason, I just had to have them. 

Old Navy

I really wish they had pictures of all my current loves that I bought, but alas they do not.  Now with two pairs of jeans and three shirts, I realized: "These things add up!"  I knew in my e-mail I had a discount that varied depending on how much I spent.  So I justified it and bought it all.

And Ryan, being the sneaky, cunning devil that he is, suggested I sign up for an Old Navy credit card.  He listed all the perks of signing up, and boy I've never heard potential debt sound so appealing.  I've never even had to consider cards when I go places- Kohls, Old Navy, American Eagle, etc.  For some reason I just always said no.  But today...today was different.  Today I said yes.  Why?  I still don't fully understand except I was already spending a lot of money and figured I should probably try to save some more.  {Don't worry Mom, I got denied.  I have no problem admitting that and honestly it's probably good I didn't get it.}

So the next time you're shopping, be sure to keep an eye out for the smooth talking devil....and be suspicious of guys named Ryan.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and your writing! Old Navy seems to rock it these days!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...