Friday, October 5, 2012

172 people

172 people = the number of students in my Managing Organizations and People class.
172 people = the amount of people I get to teach next Wednesday.

I'm intimidated.  This is one of my first business classes, yet it's upper division.  I feel like I don't know much.  I feel inadequate.  Plus, I am not a fan of speaking in front of huge groups.  Or at least not a fan of being responsible for them learning the material.

I'm the girl who is quiet.  The girl who likes to hide in the back of the class.  The girl who wants to be anonymous.

Sitting in that class, when groups were presenting what they were doing for their fundraisers, I just sat and watched how ridiculous some of them sounded with their schmoozing and sucking up.  Some were great presenters, but others felt like skeezy car dealers.

via
And as I'm preparing my part of the presentation {because thankfully I don't have to do it completely alone}, I am realizing that although it's not on my list of favorite things to do, or what I would ever voluntarily choose to do at this point in my life, I am still capable of doing it.  I have been at my job for the past six years, and during that time period, I have had experiences I can relate to the material I am teaching.  I'm just irritated I can't find the clip of The Office I want haha.

But seriously.  I *am* grateful for my job.  I actually have enjoyed it {and it's why I've decided to choose the business route for school}.  Even though there have been stressful days there, I am now able to use them as examples.  Here's to hoping Andrew and I can fill our 30-40 minutes and actually be understood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...