Saturday, May 14, 2011

life minus college

Nothing too exciting has been going on lately in this neck of the woods.
Life has consisted of:

  • Unpacking.  This is practically done.  But I still have stuff that needs to be taken up to my grandma and grandpa since they're being my own personal storage unit for the next 3 months.  And I have clothes that need to be hung up.  But when don't I?
  • Working.  Hours are starting to pick up.  And soon things will be going full swing.  
    • I started a post about people watching at work....but I changed my mind.  At least for tonight.  However, depending on the day, you may see some interesting characters there...
    • Starting next week I get trained in an area I have never worked in before...but everyone else on my level knows how to do it.  I'm sure I'll be able to learn it quickly and do fine...I just hate the process.
  • Sleeping.  I've been getting a pretty decent amount of hours of sleep lately.  Maybe it's making up for the last week days/weeks of school where I hardly got any sleep.  Especially the last few days of school...they were brutal to me.  But now I've been getting a lot of sleep {sometimes even 10-11 hours...too bad that won't last}
  • Weddings.  Well...kinda.  I went to an open house tonight for a friend I went to high school with.  It's crazy to think people I went to high school with are already getting married.  I know of some who are already married....and even more who will be married by the end of the summer.  And then my house has had some sort of wedding talk constantly for the last year+.  Except every few months the couple changes.  But after July it'll be done for a long time.  And by "long time" I mean loooooooong time.  If I remember correctly, at our Mutual (YM/YW) dinner we had last year for the graduating seniors I said I wouldn't get married until I was 78.  Or maybe it was 87.  Either way I still have quite a while.
  • Friends.  Or maybe movies.
    • One night Kylee, Janie, and I went and saw Prom.  I thought it was decent.  As long as you didn't take it seriously.  After all, it was Disney.  Disney movies are meant to be laughed at.  They're always cheesy and unrealistic haha.
    • Then another night Angie and I went to see Something Borrowed.  I had mixed feelings about that movie.  I thought it was cute.  But at the same time I wasn't necessarily okay with the message it was sending.  Call me old fashioned, but I think someone should break it off with their fiance if they decide they want to pursue a relationship with someone else....
    • And after that movie I headed up to Kylee's house for a sleepover with Kylee, Janie, and Sarah.  We played Just Dance 2 and Mario Kart on the Wii.  They were both pretty fun {and involved a lot of yelling at the tv...}...and somewhat made me regret selling my Wii...but not enough to go buy a new one.  And then we headed off to bed...all four of us in one giant bed...but then we woke up and there were three.  Kylee made us cinnamon rolls for breakfast...and I wish I could have stayed longer to play with everyone and have fun...but work was calling my name unfortunately.
    • I got a dinosaur in the mail.  Yep.  A dinosaur!  That's what I get for having an awesome friend named Angie.
  • TV.  Okay yes this is a lame way to spend my time.  And really I haven't spent too much on it.  But I caught up with the Office again tonight.  And even though it's not as good as other seasons, I just can't let myself stop watching it.  And I watched Say Yes to the Dress tonight too.  Some dresses are really pretty...but other times I'm baffled at why people would spend thousands on hideous dresses.
Yep.  Life is pretty quiet.  Not uneventful...but lacking major events I guess.  But I'm just dandy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...