Sunday, May 8, 2011

moving + race for the cure + ducks

So Thursday I decided I should probably write my 4 page paper for humanities.  But, I was having a hard to concentrating on it, so I would alternate between packing and writing.  Two awful things...but if I had to choose...I would definitely pack. By the end of Thursday I had a nice start to the pile in my car and a completed paper.  Score.

I also decided that I liked packing more than studying for my chemistry test.  Luckily, I knew I was guaranteed an A- and I'm glad I was content with that, because it's what I'll be getting.  I still went and took the test....and I beat the class average, but I still got a lower score than my last test.  But hey, it was worth a shot and I was on campus anyway.

Friday was kind of a horrid day.  At least the first part.  I woke up (either 6 or 6:30...I can't remember) and got ready for the day (hair, makeup, clothes, even breakfast).  Then I realized I had about an hour left until I was planning on leaving for campus.  So...I decided to load of my car even more.  Then I decided to die on the lawn for a few minutes and call my mom.  She didn't answer so I laid on the grass for a few more minutes and then went back upstairs.  By this point I was getting pretty close to finished.  I basically had my bedding, some food, and a few odds and ends left in my room.

I went to campus to turn in mine and Kylee's (optional) take-home tests and mine, Kylee, and Katie's final (required) papers for humanities.  I walk in Old Main through the front entrance and go up to the third floor.  Apparently, you can only get to the third floor from the north and south entrances (it reminded me of Harry Potter when the third floor is off limits...nerd!) so I figure I would just go up to the fourth floor and find a different stairwell and get to the third floor from there.  I find one....but I couldn't get to it either!  And as I was leaving, I decided I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to be in that stairwell.  There was like a caterer with breakfast food at the entrance to one of the levels as I was heading down...and as I left the building on the glass it said "make sure you close this door completely" or something like that.  And on the outside of the door it said "not an entrance."  Well...I made it my exit.  And then I went to the north stairs where I knew I could get to the third floor and turned it all in.  Finally. :)

I decided I still had a few minutes to kill and went to check the line for buyback.  It was kinda long since I only had ten minutes so I opted to just return my rental book instead.  Then I headed over to Widtsoe (which is the part of the same building as the guess is the ESLC is an addition compared to "olden days?").  I sat down and pulled out my pencil and calculator and took my chemistry final.  I pretty much did awful (as I already said), but hey it was worth a shot.

Then I went back to the TSC to sell back my textbooks (after listening part of a voicemail of nothingness from my mom before deciding it wasn't going to be anything and deleting it...and calling her back and leaving a message since we had been playing phone tag).  I stand there, waiting in line...kinda long...but only a few minutes.  Maybe 5 or 10.  Then I realize everyone has their student id pulled out.  I know exactly where mine is.  Sitting in my Oscar wallet in my sparkly bag on my desk at home (apartment).  So...I was a bit irritated, but was glad I realized before I got to the front of the line.  And glad I hadn't packed it away.  I go home and race up the stairs and grab my wallet and head for my car....that's pretty full of stuff.  Luckily they were doing buyback at the Stadium too.  So I just went through the drive-through.  Yay for laziness.  I just remember that I was so exhausted at that point (remember?  I went up all the stairs in Old Main...but the real killer was every time I took stuff to my car I had to go down and back up to the 4th floors of my building, and I think I stayed up pretty late the night before too...yeah that one is my fault).  I really just wanted to have a nap in my bed, but knew that wasn't part of my plan for the day.

So I sold my books back.  And got a somewhat decent amount back.  And headed back to my apartment. I started my cleaning and my! that fridge and freezer were nasty.  Um...someone doesn't clean up their messes when they spill.  And it wasn't me...because my mommy (and daddy) taught me good (haha this video used to make me laugh pretty hard).  And I got the rest done too...I forgot what else I had to do.  Nothing too horrendous.

Then I threw the rest of everything in my car.  And had Ken come check my room off.  And then I was FREE!!!!!  Oh, and my roommate told me I had no heart because I told her how anytime I heard girls sobbing I would bust up laughing :)
My empty bedroom (minus my last load)
my stuffed car.  if i had anything wouldn't fit. really.

my trunk and inside my car were FULL
What took me HOURS to take to my car took my family about five minutes to bring into my house.  But I denied their help in Logan.  It was stupid to have them drive up there and waste $30 in gas if I could fit it all in my car.

and here is the view of part of my bedroom from my bed.
there really is no room to walk.
I have no idea where anything is.  Well I can kind of guess.  But the things I really want I have no clue.  Like my Jesus sandals.  It took racking my brain a long time to figure out where they were since I knew I didn't pack them with all my other shoes.

And then Friday night was less eventful.  We ate at Burger Bar (greasy and a dive...but to die moderation) with Dan and Eryka and my parents.  And then Mari and Nate got here from Boise that night to spend the weekend.

This morning we {mom, dad, me, dan, eryka, annie, stephanie, eric, mari, nate, paul, aaron, and tracey} went downtown to participate in Race for the Cure.  I know if Heather was here she would have loved to come with us too...but there's this thing called 2000+ miles in between us.

We walked {and ran...ish} in celebration of my aunt Tracey
Paul and Tracey
there were SO many people.
see clear back to the end of the street?  yeah it's filled with people.
if you turn the other direction it's the same way too!
Tracey's work started a team for her {"breast" friends}
here's the family part of the team
family:  the best friends you could have
So needless to say after climbing the equivalent of the Empire State Building...or maybe Sears stairs and then going to Race for the Cure this morning and other random running around/errands...and not much sleep in between....I'm exhausted.  On Monday don't wake me.  I plan on sleeping in.

Oh.  And I ran to Joy Luck today to get a mother's day present.  Is it sad or awesome that the owner knows who you and your family are because you go in so much?  Well in this case it was awesome...but I'll leave that story until tomorrow just in case.

And tonight we {family picture "we"} went to Cafe Rio.  And it was delicious.  And then my family entertained me by telling funny stories.  Especially Aunt Mari.  She's hilarious.  Always.

But really, I should go to bed.  I'm never going to get enough sleep.  But my body is telling me I should try.  Oh and happy Mother's Day! :)

p.s. I love ducks.  If you want me to love you, take me to feed ducks.  I was super excited to see these ducks on my way home from school one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...