Thursday, February 23, 2012

better than sex (heath) cupcakes


These cupcakes are pretty dang delicious.  Anytime I say I'm making cupcakes people ask hopefully if I'm making Better Than Sex cupcakes.  They really aren't that hard.  I've heard of different methods to making them...but this is the one that works the best for me! {If anything is unclear, let me know and I'll try to clarify}

Ingredients:

  • 1 chocolate cake mix (and the eggs, oil, and water it calls for)
  • 1 bottle of carmel (I use Smuckers Caramel that looks like this)
  • Cool Whip (8 oz I believe)
  • 3 Heath bars (varies depending how much Heath you want)
First you make the cupcakes according to the directions on the box.  Simple, eh?

While still warm, poke three holes in each cupcake with the end of a wooden spoon.  Warm the carmel and spoon  into the holes.  Try to do this carefully or your cupcakes will become very sticky and messy to eat. {Note: I have noticed sometimes when I make these that the integrity of the cake is affected by the holes and the carmel combo...either be careful as you eat or go easy on the carmel so the bottom doesn't get too saturated}


Let them finish cooling.  I then let them chill in the fridge.  

Take your Heath bars and chop them into pieces.  A mixture of finely chopped and chunks is fine.  {The chunks are my favorite part.}  Don't eat too much of your Heath or else you won't have anything to put on top!

Once chilled, I spoon a dollop of Cool Whip onto each cupcake and use the spoon to make the peaks in the Cool Whip.  Sprinkle the Heath onto the Cool Whip.  I usually let them chill a little bit more just so everything gets nice and cold.  They are now ready to serve!   


Mmmm.  Delicious.  Now I'm craving them!  Good thing I'm making them this afternoon with my sister :)

4 comments:

  1. They sound so good!! i'll have to try them. would it work if you used a homemade chocolate cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet a homemade cake would work! I just don't put forth the effort to make them :) If you do a cake, just space the holes all over. Whether it's cake or cupcakes it still tastes delicious!

      Delete
  2. ok awesome!! i love all your recipes that you share!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been making this for years in a sheet cake version....we put eagle Brand (sweetened condensed milk) on it while it is still warm with the caramel sauce....then the rest like you do.....It is always the request at family gatherings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...