Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What If

Sorry I've been MIA lately.  I've had 4 tests and a paper due...but anywho...

I found this beauty on Pinterest the other day.




1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 reads: "Rejoice evermore.  Pray without ceasing.  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."

I believe that we are continually growing and progressing throughout life, but I feel like that growth shoots up like sunflowers during the hard times. However, you don't notice it until you're reflecting on the past.

On Monday Kylee {my old roommate} and I were talking about last year.  I gave her a little more insight as to what was going on in my life at that point {she's pretty much my free therapist.  she's wonderful.} I don't even know how the topic came up, but it did.  She told me how she's noticed how much happier I am this year.  I can see and feel it too.  It's a great thing.  But, I know I wouldn't appreciate my happiness now if I didn't have the bad times to compare it to.

I know that I need to work on living that scripture more.  When things are easy it's easy to ignore it.  I rely on God and prayer much more when things are rough.  I'm trying to remember to pray prayers of gratitude more often.  I pray for those I know who are struggling.  I pray for help to improve myself.

I feel like this should be an English essay.  I feel like I need to use smoother transitions and somehow appropriately sum up my feelings instead of end abruptly.  But, I'm not submitting this for a grade, so really I can do things how I want :)

Just remember happiness is all good and dandy.  It really is.  Remember to rejoice, pray, and be grateful.  But also remember that sadness, trials, and tears are wonderful things too.

4 comments:

  1. i love that quote and scripture. good things to think about! thanks for sharing :)
    love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! i love that! did you know that quote is a song? it's very pretty.

    i've really changed in the past year and have become more of a happy person. if you asked my family, they would tell you.

    oh buddy i just love your new profile picture! you are SO PRETTY! and i can't believe you've never ridden horses! come on over and let's ride girl :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote!
    I feel like I am totally the exact opposite. I pray so much when things are going well, and I always remember to read my scriptures, but when they're not so hot, I feel like I focus too much on what _I_ can do to fix it rather than turning to Heavenly Father for help. I really need to work on this, but I think what my problem is is that I'm too proud to ask for help, even if it is from God.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...