Wednesday, March 16, 2011

people

Some people are great. Some people are awful. Some are nice. Some are mean. There are so many adjectives to describe people. And the thing is, one adjective cannot describe a whole person. Each person has multiple words to describe them, sometimes even words that mean the complete opposite. One person can be so kind to someone and make them feel worthwhile, yet treat another like they don't mean anything, or worse.

Sometimes it takes being reminded by someone to remember the good qualities about yourself. Someone to sit and listen to you and watch you cry. After sitting and telling them how someone else makes you feel like you're not needed, like you're unwanted, that you're being taken for granted, that no matter how much you care and put forth an effort, it seems to go unnoticed. How you feel unimportant and the word "friend" is just merely a title. And then the person you are talking with (your awesome roommate) says you're funny. Me, funny? Yeah I questioned that. I'm really not that funny. And then she said "I don't know if you realize, but you're. . . . ." and then listed a whole slew of compliments. And I just sat there and shook my head because either I didn't know or I had forgotten. And I don't doubt her sincerity. Roommates are great.


Each of my roommates are so unique and I don't know what I would do if any one of them was someone different. Each one has a huge impact on me and teaches me different things. They teach me about the world, people, or even myself. I don't feel like I have to be anyone else except myself around them. They know when I'm sad. They know when I'm frustrated. They know when happy. They know what I need to hear and say it. They are five amazing girls. Next year is going to be so weird not having all of them around. And today it was put into perspective that I only have a month and a half left with us all together. Thankfully we'll live pretty close to each other...haha but not close enough!

I'm just glad I have more awesome people in my life than non-awesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...